The Kare brand stands for unique living ideas, unadorned and authentic, never boring and always full of imagination and inspiration. Since 1981, the company surprises its fans and trading partners worldwide with an incomparable variety of new furniture, lights and home accessories. From them speaks our passion for design. These include finds from hidden small craft businesses, a bit crazy furniture unique with wow effect, but also lovingly hand-crafted solid wood furniture for life.
Like no other brand, Kare succeeds in finding style icons, burgeoning trends and innovations in furniture design. And we read in the dreams of all living enthusiasts. Open to the spontaneous and courageous, the in-house trend scouts and creatives bring to life surprising, affordable and desirable collections. For lateral thinkers and romantics, for wild and styled, for birds of paradise and all those who strip off all constraints behind their door.
Inspiration instead of convention
Kare is an unconventional furniture company that opposes unfalteringly 08/15 concepts, acts strategically on the pulse of the times in the market and remains on the road to success with revolutionary living ideas. Behind them are Jürgen Reiter and Peter Schönhofen. As a student, they founded the company. As owner and CEO, they are still at the forefront with passion, innovation and personal dedication. As an international supplier and trend catalyst, Kare is faster, smarter and more successful than others.
With its own shops in Germany and Austria, franchise partners and shop-in-shop productions and currently 200 brand partners, Kare inspires cosmopolitans of all ages in more than 46 countries whose heart beats for individual living. With the Kare power plant in 2014, the company opened its first international flagship store with an experience factor. The location at the company headquarters in Munich is as unique as the brand itself. In the industrial architecture of a former thermal power station, the Kare Welten find their new home.
Kare Design GmbH in private hands is an international trading company for furniture, lighting and home accessories. As a franchisor, wholesaler and retailer, shop in shop owner, object setter and trendsetter in the furnishing sector, the Munich-based company has recorded continuous growth since its founding.
- KARE worldwide 2016: 100 franchise shops in over 40 countries and 100 shop-in-shops in the international furniture trade
- Founding year 1981
- Owner, founder and managing partners: Jürgen Reiter, Diplom Kaufmann, Peter Schönhofen, Diplom Kaufmann
- Franchise dealer for the retail concept under the KARE brand
- Retail sale of own Kare shops in Germany and Austria, flagship store KARE Kraftwerk in Munich as well as with Stierblut Men and Women, Fashion Stores Munich
- Wholesale of around 2,000 international trade customers
- Premium shop-in-shop system for the furniture trade
- Bull Blood Online Shop
- Kare Onlineshop owner and operator of www.kare.de
- Export share: about 70 percent
- Exhibitors at all major international furnishing fairs: imm Cologne, Ambiente Frankfurt, Maison et Objet, Paris, Salone Internazionale del Mobile Milan, Furniture China, Shanghai, Rooms, Moscow
- Showroom International showroom on 2800 square meters
- In-house exhibitions Three times a year for the international furniture industry
- Purchasing offices and quality managers in Eastern Europe, China and India
- Employees national approx. 380 at the Garching-Hochbrück headquarters, from 28 nations, worldwide network approx. 1150
- Women’s quota in management positions 40 percent
- Training company IHK excellent training company, every tenth employee in the workforce is apprentice
- Central logistics unit with more than 30,000 square meters in Garching plus additional external warehouses
- Logistics center in Asia for the direct container business
- Awards: KARE Kraftwerk Flagship Store was named “Shop of the year 2015” by the Association of German Retailers in January 2015. E-Mail Marketing Award 2015 for the consumer newsletter awarded in the context of the DigitalSummit 2015.
- Kare Academy International Training Center at the in-house Kare Academy
- Social Responsibility Engagement among others for Artists for Kids eV to promote disadvantaged young people